THE CREATION OF AN INNOVATION AND TECHNOLOGY CENTRE
Project manager: National Agency for the Information Society/Cabinet of the President of the Republic.
Estimated cost (USD): USD 60 million
Estimated cost (FCFA): FCFA 30 billion
With a view to improving the Niger ICT sector, Niger plans to build an Innovation and Technology Centre in the capital. The Centre will be spread over several hectares on the right bank of the Niger river. It will house the ANSI (National Agency for Information Society), the national data centre and companies at pre-incubation stage. The objective is to promote Made in Niger, create local ICT champions and the best possible conditions for pre-incubated companies, by providing them with maximum resources. In addition, this centre will be a training venue for the creation of solutions-applications, video games and mapping. It will become a collaboration and participation framework for the various actors.
- Incubator grouping together National and sub-regional structures (SahelInnov)/ FinTech/ AgriTech/FabLab (3D printing) / MediaTech;
- Collaborative workspaces / facilities for national and international companies;
- Reference University: high-level educational programmes, corporate/academic relations / Centre of Excellence: e-Agriculture, e-Health, Identification/Biometrics;
- Certification Centres (Pearson Vue): EXIN, Cisco, Oracle, Microsoft, IBM, e-Security, e-Certification;
- Assembly Units: Drones, Tele-irrigation, Computer/tablets, Smartphones, video games, solar panels, energy.
CHARACTERISTICS OF PARTNERSHIP REQUIREMENTS
Project Design: State Technical and Financial Partner
Funding: State Technical and Financial Partner
Implementation: State Technical and Financial Partner
Operations: State Technical and Financial Partner
Risk sharing: State Technical and Financial Partner