THE CREATION OF A LIVESTOCK AND POULTRY FEED PLANT
Sector: Agriculture Industry
Project owner: Groupement Dec Sanecom
Estimated cost (USD): USD 12 million
Estimated cost (FCFA): FCFA 6 billion
In Niger, the pastoral crises are forcing companies to transition to more intensive systems that require heavy use of inputs. Today, livestock is the second largest activity for rural populations as close to 87% of Niger’s active population is concerned by it. The assets of the Niger livestock sector and national and international investment are sufficient to drive the economic development of the sector. The development of the livestock economy will depend on improved value of animals and their by-products. Therefore, this project aims to set up an industrial cattle and poultry feed plant, a permanent system that will structure livestock input procurement to produce 15,000 tons of feed. The cattle feed production plant should include: 'Raw material reception apparatus; - Hoppers; - Forklifts and feeding screws; - Reception apparatus; - Dosing apparatus; - Electric control unit; - Magnetic protection; - Crusher; - Blender; - Molasses, granulation, sifting, coating apparatus; - Bagging device.
- Existence of a solvable input market in Niger and in the sub-region;
- Existence of potential raw material in West Africa;
- Existence of agro-industry, livestock, livestock economy expertise;
- Strong national demand for cattle and poultry feed;
- Export of cattle and poultry feed to the sub-region countries, particularly Burkina Faso, Togo and Benin.
CHARACTERISTICS OF PARTNERSHIP REQUIREMENTS
Project Design: Private/Private
Risk sharing: Private/Private